I am Stella from Srilanka
One of the most delicious desserts.Easy to make and wonderfully sweet.
- 100 grams cake sponge
- 25 grams strawberry jelly
- 25 grams jelly lemon
- 50 grams custard vanilla
- 3 teaspoon sugar syrup
- 1 whole banana ripe banana, sliced into rounds
- 25 grams plums pitted and sliced
- 2 teaspoons candy color candy sprinkles (for decorating)
- 2 teaspoons chocolate grated chocolate [for decorating]
- 1 whole egg egg white
- 30 grams sugar
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Prepare the Jello as per the packet instructions. Pour each one into a large bowl and place both bowls in the fridge for one hour or until set. After that cut out small pieces of the solidified Jello.
- Prepare the custard/pudding as per the packet instructions and allow to cool.
- For the syrup, add sugar and water into a heavy-bottomed pan and bring to boil over low heat to 105C degrees. Use a thermometer. Once the sugar is dissolved and itâs a bit thickened and reaches the right temperature, remove from heat.
- In the bottom of your glass bowl, place squares of the sponge cake. (1/2 thick, 1 1/2 x 1 inch rectangles) I used homemade sponge cake but you can use store bought if you donât have the time to make your own. Prick the sponge cake pieces all over with a fork. Pour sugar syrup over the cake.
- Next place the cut out pieces of Jello all over the cake. Pour custard over the Jello layer. Place banana slices and plum slices on top.
- For the meringue: Place the egg white and sugar in a bowl. Beat the mixture until stiff and standing in peaks (use a electric hand mixer).
- Now place the meringue over the banana and plums. After that sprinkle grated chocolate and colored candy over the top.
- Place the dessert in the fridge for about one hour. Serve cool.
- see my web site.