I am Stella from Srilanka
This is a great recipe for your next party.They look so pretty it’s almost a shame to eat them!
- For the dough:
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Add salt. Mix. Rub butter into flour with your fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add approximately 1/2 of an egg yolk and the water. Mix well using your hands. Try to work quickly. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 10–15 minutes.
- For the filling:
- In a pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and mix until slightly softened. Add onion and salmon. Mix and saute until onion is softened and everything is heated through. Add pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Take the dough and roll out into a large square about 1/8 inch thick. Using a 3-inch diameter round cookie cutter, cut 10 dough rounds. Make 4 diagonal slits, leaving the center intact. Place 1 tablespoon filling mixture in the middle of each disk, then brush the edges of the pastry round with some egg wash.
- Take one of the sections and cover the side of the filling with it. Take the opposite side’s section and cover the other side of the filling with it. Repeat with the two last sections. Pinch the dough on the side to seal it. Place on greased baking tray, and take the remaining egg wash and brush over rolls.
- Bake at 200ºC (390ºF) for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy.