I AM STELLA FROM SRI LANKA
Very delicious and soft and easy to make. Try this recipe.
- Mix baking powder and flour, sift well. Preheat oven to 200ºC (390ºF). Lightly butter a 12×8 inch Swiss roll tray and line with oiled or sprayed parchment paper.
- Beat eggs and sugar on high speed for about 7–10 minutes. The batter should leave a ribbon-like texture when lifted up. Add flour mixture and vanilla. Mix well with a rubber spatula.
- Reserve 3 tablespoonfuls of the mixture and place in separate bowl. Add cocoa powder and mix well.
- Now place the printed pattern on a tray. Place parchment over it. Put mixture in piping bags. Pipe following the design on the pattern under the parchment.
- Bake for 2 minutes. Remove from oven and pour batter over the pattern. Spread batter evenly with a scraper. Clean the edges to get a cleaner roll. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown and cake has begun to shrink from the edges of the tray.
- Remove from oven. Lay an oiled piece of parchment (14×14 inch) on top of a lightly damp tea towel. Carefully place Swiss roll upside down onto the paper. Remove the paper that was in the pan (the paper that is now on top of the Swiss roll).
- Roll up the Swiss roll inside of the towel or oiled paper. Start from longer side. Leave the rolled cake to cool.
- For the filling:
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale. Gradually add icing sugar and milk, beating constantly until combined. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Open the Swiss roll, using the oiled paper to unroll it. Then remove the paper and spread filling thinly. Roll the Swiss roll up again, this time without the paper. Roll it up tightly! Trim both ends to get a smooth and presentable Swiss roll.
- Place Swiss roll in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Slice and serve. Enjoy